The Oscar Carraro Museum is a space dedicated to the history of the tractor, an important journey that traces the history of Carraro, from its foundation to the present day.
Named after Oscar Carraro, the brother of Mario Carraro and one of the founders of the Group, the museum was opened in May 2015 at the Rovigo production facility. The exhibition area has been designed for a very specific purpose: we can only look to the future from the perspective of our own past. Indeed, the museum features examples of the models that have been most instrumental to the success of the company over the years.
The Oscar Carraro Museum tractors
The C18 automatic seeder
Moving in chronological order, the first machine we come to is the C18, the first Carraro vehicle to take the shape of a tractor, back in 1957. With a simple, minimalist design and an exposed engine, the first automatic seeder represented a major innovation within the Italian agricultural sector at that time. More than 1,000 units of this model were made, and all were produced according to artisan methods - indeed, a former employee remembers making a camshaft using a file.