Carraro is a global leader in highly efficient and eco-friendly power transmission systems, with a consolidated turnover of over 874 million Euro in 2012.
Since 2008, the Group has chosen to focus on four distinct Business Units, with central coordination by the holding, Carraro SpA: Carraro Drive Tech (axles and transmissions), Gear World (gears and components), Carraro Divisione Agritalia (tractors), Elettronica Santerno (power electronics).
2011, and especially 2012, confirmed a profound change in the characteristics of target markets which, while maintaining excellent growth prospects, are now more dynamic, requiring companies to adopt more agile structures in order to support product competitiveness and, at the same time, improve efficiency. After careful analysis, the Group has therefore launched a restructuring project.
Starting from 2013, the four Group Business Units are replaced by three Business Areas:
Carraro Drive Tech, resulting from the merger of the Drivelines and Components BUs, specialised in:
- transmission systems (axles, transmissions and drives) for construction equipment, agricultural tractors, fork-lift trucks, light commercial vehicles, mining applications, automobiles and stationary applications (such as escalators);
- gears and components (both in cut steel and sintered) for the automobile sector, agricultural and construction applications, material handling applications, gardening and powertools sectors and wind power generators.
Agritalia, specialised in:
- special tractors (light-utility for vineyards, orchards) up to 100 HP produced for third parties (Massey Ferguson, John Deere, Claas);
- engineering and production outsourcing services for tractor market niches.
Santerno, specialised in:
- inverters for the management of power electronics applied to various industrial sectors;
- electronic power converters for renewable energy sources (photovoltaic).
The Group’s holding company, Carraro SpA, has been listed on the Italian Stock Exchange since 1995 (CARR.MI) and has its headquarters in Campodarsego (Padua). As at 31.12.2012 it had 4,010 employees – of which 1,843 in Italy – and manufacturing facilities in Italy (7), India (2), China (2), Argentina and Germany.
Integrated drivelines for agricultural tractors, earth-moving machines, forklift trucks, light commercial vehicles, mining applications and wind generators www.carrarodrivetech.com/
Design and manufacturing of "light-utility", vineyards and orchards tractors for main OEMs www.agritalia.it/en/
Design and manufacturing of specialized tractors
inverters for photovoltaics & aeolic plants, industrial applications and management systems for electric and hybrid powertrains www.santerno.com/en/
Gears and components for drivelines for construction and agricultural applications, wind-powered generators, railway and automotive applications, material handling. www.siapgears.com/en/
Gears & Components
Discover how you can save money, buy only the spare parts you really need and get maximum benefits from original Carraro spare parts! www.carry4you.it/
Carraro spare parts